Sunday, October 31, 2010

Edged Weapons

Masada Tactical just finished hosting a 3 day Edged weapon instructors school for law-enforcement.  Three of our instructors are now certified to teach how to use knives (or other edged weapons) for defensive purposes. 
As we move forward and set up training sessions, we want to know:  Do you carry a knife on you?  If so, what kind?  How many knives do you carry?  And what is your intended use for it?

Let me start:  I do carry knives on me.  Typically 2-3.  My primary one is an SOG folder with a tanto blade.  My back-ups are a Hideawway Knife on a chain around my neck, and a S&W Police.  I carry them so I have a weapon no matter where I am, especially in the state of MD where handgun permits are so hard to come by.  I end up using my knives mostly to open envelopes, but when the moment will come you bet I will be ready.

Let me know your stories.

BK / Masada Tactical
http://www.masadatactical.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment